Sixth Meeting of the Independent Peat Expert Working Group (IPEWG)
The Independent Peat Expert Working Group (IPEWG) was established to help APRIL fulfill the commitments in its Sustainable Forest Management Policy (SFMP 2.0) related to its peatland operations.
On May 16 -17, 2017 the IPEWG held its sixth meeting with the following agenda:
1. Clear time frame plan for future of IPEWG including longevity, shape and ambitions
2. Progress on subsidence measurement and accounting methodology
3. Progress on modeling management on peat land
4. Clarity of how to put more scientific information from IPEWG into the public domain
5. Confirmation of the IPEWG Roadmap – structure and content
The full meeting report is available here.