Terms of Reference – Stakeholder Advisory Committee
A Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) of independent forestry and social experts has been created to oversee implementation of APRIL’s Sustainable Forest Management Policy. Terms of Reference have been adopted that explain the roles and responsibilities of both APRIL and the Committee.
Some key points in the Terms of Reference:
- SAC will review APRIL’s SFMP and recommend improvements when appropriate
- SAC will supervise and steer the verification process
- SAC may suggest stakeholder forums be organized on specific issues
- APRIL will incorporate SAC’s inputs and recommendations in a thorough and transparent manner
- SAC can be up to 7 people
- The SAC may invite observers to attend meetings.
Click here to see the Terms of Reference..